Today is June 23, 2018 -
Affiliated with United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism
385 Old Town Road
Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776
Phone: (631) 928-3737 · Fax (631) 928-9700
North Shore Jewish Center is a traditional, egalitarian synagogue that offers much more than just services every Shabbat and holiday. It is a dynamic, community oriented congregation of over 400 families which offers a variety of activities designed to enhance and enrich the Jewish life of every member, whatever their age and interest. Members with all levels of observance are welcome, as are families of mixed faith. We pride ourselves on the services we offer to congregants and the community at large.
We offer various categories of membership including:
Young Family (Both spouses must be below the age of 36, no children in Gimel or higher or equivalent)
Single (over 30)
Young Single (under 30)
Retired Couple (age 65 or older)
Retired Single (65 or older)
Patron (Non-Jewish adult/spouse)
High Holiday tickets are included with membership.
Our synagogue offers several programs (including, but not limited to):
- A house of worship with weekly Shabbat Friday and Saturday services, as well as daily services
- Affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism
- Award winning religious school with classes for children entering kindergarten through Bar/Bat Mitzvah
- A vibrant Nursery School, Mommy and Me, enrichment workshop programs and a summer camp (Chai 5) for preschool aged children
- A variety of worship services including traditional/egalitarian services, Family Kehillah (family services) and monthly Tot Shabbat services
- Devoted and active Sisterhood and Men’s Club which provide a variety of multigenerational programming and services
- A vivacious weekly Senior’s group
- Active Youth Groups (United Synagogue Youth, Kadima and Nitzanim) for preteens and teenagers
- Adult education through special programming and ongoing classes
- An extensive library and other cultural offerings
- A concern for the larger community through social action programs and activities including, but not limited to, a food pantry, blood drives, a weekly thrift shop, and visits to nursing homes and orphanages
Several opportunities to become involved on many different committees and make connections with many warm and welcoming congregants
- A panel of Kosher Caterers available
- A beautiful Judaica Gift Shop
- Special members-only prices for cemetery plots at Washington Memorial Park (Mount Sinai, NY)
- Caring, concerned and compassionate clergy and staff
We invite you to come and discover our synagogue and community. For further information about becoming a member, please call us at 631-928-3737 to request a membership packet and to schedule a tour. At this time you may also make an appointment to meet our executive director, Marcie Platkin or email Marcie at Executive.email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you and hope your family will join ours.